Monday, February 14, 2011

happy valentine's day

It sounds cheesy, but I love the saying, "Every heart has a story to tell."


It's true. Every heart has a story. Inevitably, as the years pass, our hearts are molded like clay... permanently imprinted with our experiences and ever changing.

My heart's story? My heart has been broken more times than I can count. It has been abused. It's been stepped on. It's been cast aside. But, on the flip side, I have also been loved fiercely. I have been loved with the brightness of a thousand suns. I've gotten to see the best and the worst of what love can offer.

I have taken big chances with my heart. Many people thought I was crazy. But, I have learned more about love than any book could ever teach me. I know exactly what love looks like... and what it doesn't look like.

Now, I'm happily married. My life isn't perfect, but it's really, really good. And for many years now, I've been completely capable of loving other people. I have learned to love with my whole heart. I give my love freely. But, I'm still been unable to love myself. I struggle with it all the time. And now, that's the part of my heart's story that I'm still writing. Time for a new chapter, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I loooooooove comments. My only rule? Be nice or be deleted.