Tuesday, May 10, 2011

*ouch!* and *barf*

Okay, I'm going to be blunt. So far, the herbs suck much butt. They give me a terrible headache (which she warned me about, but should hopefully go away... eventually). Worse, one of the preparations is so nasty and vile tasting that I spent a good long while in the bathroom, with an absolutely terrible case of the barfs. Awesome. But, the super vile stuff is for energy, so I can absolutely kick that crap to the curb. Would I like to have more energy? Of course! Am I willing to swallow something so disgusting that I can't stop throwing up? And do this every darn day? Hells to the NO!

Here's the basic rundown of what I'm taking, minus the super vile:

- Magic, custom made potion (tincture) for hormonal balance and liver support. Apparently, the theory is that my depression is largely due to hormone issues. And my liver is not playing nice AT ALL. And that supposedly makes you feel like poo, too. So, I'm taking that, headache or not. The headache WILL eventually go away. Because I'm going to WILL it to go away. (But it would be nice if the headache made like a tree and leave RIGHT NOW.)

- Magic anxiety stuff (also a tincture.) I took it before bed last night, but the jury is out. I didn't sleep well at all, but I'm pretty sure it was because the bedroom was crazy hot, and my fitful sleep had nothing to do with the herbs.

- Flower essence spritz stuff. Think aromatherapy. It smells nice. I'm not sure it's going to change my life or anything, but I promised to try every recommendation she gave me, no matter how much it made me cock my head to the side and say, "HUH?!"

So, yeah. I'm taking the herbs. Does all this mean that I have to stop shaving my airpits? And start eating granola? And only wear organic cotton tie-dyed clothes? If I thought it would make a big difference, I'd do it. In a heartbeat.

Oh, and TMI warning. Proceed with caution....

Did I mention that today is the day that I'm getting my Mirena IUD ripped out? No? Well, I am. I've had it over a year now, and I'm still having enormous problems with it. So, ripped out it will be. I welcome the idea of not having a period that lasts a FULL THREE WEEKS out of four. So, wish me luck. And those happier periods that the Always maxi pad people are incessantly talking about.

*still crossing my fingers and toes*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I loooooooove comments. My only rule? Be nice or be deleted.