My brain seems to constantly hum with thought. I can't help it. I can't turn it off. So, today, I will record it without judgment.
Here are my thoughts in the last 20 minutes:
- I wonder what it would be like to be thin. I haven't been that way since about 1993.
- Are thin people happier? Or are they really just grouchy because they deny themselves brownies?
- My kids fill me with wonder. I should make their lives more magical somehow. How?
- We should hang more fairy lights.
- We should take more walks in the woods and explore the unknown instead of walking from store to store in the mall and exploring the Gap.
- When did life stop being magical and start becoming ordinary?
- Would my life really be all that different if my parents had been absolutely perfect, no one ever made fun of me as a child, and I actually got my degree from college? Or would I still be pretty much the same person?
- Am I headed in the right direction?
- Will I ever learn that not EVERYONE is going to like me no matter how awesome I am?
- Should I be more girly?
- Will I ever be able to classify myself as an optimist?
- Does God really exist, or am I just an idiot?
- People often say you should never judge another person. But what if that person's just plain mean?
- I need to stop judging myself so much.
- One of these days, I will love myself as fiercely as I love my family and friends. Until then, maybe I should just fake it.