Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Empty

As most folks know, my daughter, Macey, left to go live with her biological dad. She left Sunday morning. I am so sad.

There is an empty in this house that is hard to explain. It sounds insane to say that a house that went from six people to five people feels empty, but it does. There is no one belting out Adele at the top of her lungs. There is less eye rolling. There are no side ponytails. There is one fewer smile, one fewer set of sparklelicious eyes, and one fewer plates at the dinner table. Ugh.

I won't bore y'all with my sad, but I wanted to at least address it. I wanted to tell people why I might not blog for a little while. Or who knows? I might find that the blogging is what helps me get through it all. It's hard to tell. Either way, I just had to say it out loud. She's gone. I'm sad. There ya go.

And by the way, if you're reading this, thank you. Whether you left a comment or emailed or sent a little bit of cosmic love in my direction, it's helped me feel not quite so empty... not quite so alone. I love y'all. Just so you know.

Edited to add:

I know that some of you can't see my comments box. Apparently, there's some sort of Blogger snafu. I'll try to get it up and running soon, though!

Edited to add again:

I *think* I've got the comments box up and running. *crossing my fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I loooooooove comments. My only rule? Be nice or be deleted.